E Health full form: – electronic health
e-Health : – is able to send patient data among various healthcare professionals.
What is e-health? Have you ever wanted help in managing the health of your family. For example, early laboratory results or more information about a disease or medicine, or perhaps you want to start exercising, but you are not able to decide where to begin. Or how to fix or get its symptoms. We all have a question about our health and sometimes we need help to answer those questions. Technology can help meet our needs. Perhaps you are already using technology to get information online or contact with your friends or family. May be you use it in planning your bank transactions or a trip. This tool can help you manage your health better. This is called e-health.
There are various ways that technology can help you and your family’s health. For example, one can get health information and education from traditional sources like TV or radio. You can use the Internet to see information about this health issue or to learn more about a disease. You can also see the results of the lab online. You can keep track of your fitness activities from you. Connect with a healthcare provider online. One can join a patient support group using social media. Access to your health records. It is all e-health.
E-Health Quick is helping patients and healthcare providers work together to ensure more safe and better care. Many of these e-health devices are available for you and your family in British Columbia. How to use e-health well and partnering with your healthcare provider.
Types of e-health
1. Electronic Health: – Able to communicate patient data of various healthcare professionals.
2. Computerized doctor: – electronically requesting many tests and treatments is a means of obtaining results.
3. ePrescribing: – is the printing of prescriptions of patients and sometimes electronic transmission of prescriptions from doctors to pharmacists.
4. Telemedicine: – Physical and psychological including telemonitoring of patients’ functions.
5. Binoculars: – Robots and wireless communication are used to perform surgeries remotely.
6. M-health: – The use of mobile devices to collect aggregate and health data is also included. And to provide patients and health information. This is the work of m-health.